I have some general questions about tarot cards and reading?
1. How do you shuffle your deck? I know it’s a manner of preference, but I want some opinions. This leads into…
2. Should I encourage reverse cards? Is this also a manner of preference?
3. What is a good spread for asking simple questions? Just shuffle and draw a card as an answer?
Answer by Meetu
First thing abt Tarot – FOLLOW your INTUITION.
1. U can shuffle any way u like. Tarot cards r sacred. so handle them with respect. I shuffle like playing cards jus tht i do it much more respectfully and lovingly This is the easiest way for me as my hands ar a little small. They r ur companions.
2. Again its a matter of ur chioce. Reverse cards also indicate the same except tht the intensity of the msg of the card is reduced. Its more like planets going retrograde. I generally dont use reversed cards. Only if they fall from deck in a reversed manner i read them in tht way.
3. For simple questions u can do a one card reading or 5 card reading. again go with ur intuition. Sometimes a single card cant give u info as the issue goes deeper, so u can take either a clarification card or do a complete reading. Use bigger spreads for getting deeper insights.
Answer by Helen
1) Overhand (I have never been able to riffle shuffle any cards and I and don’t want to damage my cards)
2) Not as a beginner, but later to add some depth to your dictionary/vocabulary
3) Single card or three card spread (past, present, future) or 2-card challenges spread (situation and challenges), or 2-card challenges spread plus likely outcome of current path/direction (the 3 main cards from the celtic cross spread for a specific issue).
There are some great tips in this site:
Answer by Rev. Lynn D.
I shuffle my deck as I would any other cards and it is a matter of preference. Some readers don’t use reverse cards but I think that it limits you in your readings if reverse is not used. You don’t have to encourage them, they will just happen.
I don’t use a spread for questions. I throw 3 – 5 cards and sometimes even more if I don’t get the answer right away.
Reading Tarot Cards has been as something that is part of me except when it comes to reading my own?
Can anyone suggest anything that might have work for themselves when reading their own cards? I just cant seem to stay neutral to the cards and they work best for me when I know the least as possible about a person.
Answer by Miss 6
I have that problem too when I read for myself about a subject that is really bothering me. I have found that doing a daily read has helped. I also have recently connected with some people who read tarot on line we have became friends and will do readings for each other because many of us feel the same way you do when it comes to reading for yourself. You may want to check out some of the tarot groups on Yahoo!
Answer by Helen
One thing you can try is to phrase your questions in the third person like this:
Please advise Helen on (a specific issue or situation).
Then interpret the cards as if you were reading for someone else.
Answer by overinda
Its all about being “objective”… like doctors have to take an oath not to treat their near and dear, friends and family…
Can someone tell what these two tarot cards mean when paired together?
i asked if someone is in to malicious behavior or malicious activity’s toward me and my life
here are the two cards that popped up.
the High Priestess
the Knight of Swords
this is what i believe in so please don’t leave comments like don’t waste your time etc…
thank you for any answers
Answer by Kaybee
A White Queen and a Warrior…
White Queen… spiritually aware, and bright
Knight of Swards- A fierce protector and guardian
Answer by Alicorna
HP: Their is someone with a high amount of spiritual power, I am getting someone from a nearby church, who is ‘praying for you to see your evil ways’ IOW they are cursing you till you convert.
KoS: A male, I really think a guardian spirit taking a male form, will fight for you and shield you from the curses, just comand him to do so.
Thats what I am getting.